Academics and Curriculum
Academics and Curriculum
- Small class size especially in Toddledom.
- Specialized dedicated attention to each student of S.P.H.S.
- One of the best student to teacher ratios.
- Student-centered approach.
- The curriculum is developed to prepare children by extending their learning through group activities and hands-on work.
- We help children improve their self-confidence and build their curiosity.
- Teachers engage with students to make them learn on their own.
- Children from the age of 3 years are welcome to begin their learning adventure at our school.
Our learning program is designed to provide the best possible all-around education to each of our students through a comprehensive program. The aim is to produce inquiring, confident, open-minded children, who are reflective in their thinking, balanced and well-disciplined in their behavior and grown up to be caring and responsible persons positively engaging with society and the world.
As Mr. John Dewey said “Education is not preparation for life, Education is life itself."
- S.P.H.S. follows the Maharashtra State Board Curriculum till grade 10.
- Our Curriculum Framework consists of five essential elements: concepts, knowledge, skills, attitude and action. We offer a core of academic subjects like language, mathematics, science and social sciences.
- The learning environment is child-centered and the curriculum is enriched by strong learning resources.
- English is our first language, where appropriate art, physical education, social development, value education and computer education is provided.
- We encourage children to discover and explore through experimental activities that are designed to make them think.
- The curriculum is designed to strengthen higher order thinking skills by exposing students to a variety of content areas while nurturing artistic, physical and interpersonal development.
How are students assessed?
Teachers assess students by selecting or designing methods of assessment appropriate to the learning outcomes they intend to capture. Teachers also take into account the diverse, complicated and sophisticated ways that the individual students use to develop and demonstrate their understanding. The prime objective of assessing the student's learning and performance is to give feedback to:
- Students – to encourage the start of lifelong learning.
- Parents – to highlight their child's learning and development.
Structure of Assessment
Formative + Summative
Curriculum / modules / course of instruction
The cumulative Educative experience at St. Paul’s High School Kindergarten level is a multidisciplinary curriculum that promotes a perfect platform and ambience to equip children with an explosion of ideas, creative thought process, moulding personality skills and also advocate a “learning through play” experiential approach suitable for their age as integrated learning is a base of Pre- Primary Education. A low learner to teacher ratio allows specialized and dedicated attention to every child
Primary: The years of adventure
Secondary : The years of exploration, experimenting and experiential learning..
You see things and say ‘Why?’ But I see things and say ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw
The academic atmosphere at St. Paul’s High School is a rare blend of modern day technical skills and the traditional emphasis on imparting knowledge.
School is actually a mini society. At high school level students are not only practical but also perfectly capable of acquiring knowledge. This encourage us to create a cohesive, value- based culture, motivates innovative teaching, develop a platform for collaboration in terms of research and ideas and aimed at creating a learner who displays attributes like –
- Problem solver, Equanimous, Introspective, Persistent and Curious.
- We act as facilitators who ignite a love for learning in our learners and guide them in their quest for knowledge.
Curriculum / modules / course of instruction
In education, technology can be a life changer, a game changer for children, especially during the pandemic. The internet has such a big influence on almost every aspect of our life that it's almost unavoidable in today's time, especially when nearly all of our students seem to be glued to their smartphones.
- Teachers build upon the framework, creating appropriate learning activities and collaborative interactions that best meet our student's needs.
- Learning objectives are the same regardless of what the platform is, our content standards and high expectations guide the planning of online learning just like we do for face to face classroom learning.
Delivery of Instruction
- We have started lessons via Google Classroom using the Google Meeting link as per the schedule shared with the students.
- Attendance is recorded for every lecture as online classes are compulsory.
- Teachers post learning resources on the Google Classroom for the students reference.
- Also videos are designed and prepared by our teachers for subjects like computers, value education and G.K. that help our students to develop their knowledge and understanding.
- Also the management considers the current circumstances of the students if not able to attend the online class for genuine reason and try to provide them the necessary resources.
Co-curricular Activities Beyond Academics
- S.P.H.S. Programs have traditionally included art and dance to extend and enrich the creative, cultural, environmental, social, physical and spiritual development of every student.
- Art is a priority at S.P.H.S. All grade levels including pre-school have scheduled, structured art activities prepared by accomplished art teachers.
- Activities and competitions are also scheduled on the days of different cultural and national festivals.
- Annual Sports day supplement scheduled physical education classes.
Guidelines for Parents
Guidelines for Students
Do’s and Don’ts in school hours
We encourage Parent Teacher meetings and we ensure we conduct such meets regularly. If you need to address any problem with reguards to the child,you can request to meet the concern teacher with prior appointment. Meeting the class teacher – LAST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH (9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.) Simple problem-solving steps can help you and us work towards a positive solution.
Guidelines for Students:
|1. Listen to the teachers.||Harass / Bully others.|
|2. Think before speaking.||Be physically and verbally aggressive.|
|3. Clean up after yourself.||Ignore a reasonable request.|
|4. Come prepared to the class.||Interrupt any classmate or teacher.|
|5. Raise your hands to be called upon.||Take others’ belongings without permission.|
|6. Make eye contact when speaking/listening to someone.||Spread rumors.|
|7. Compliment each other.||Put people down to look cool.|
|8. Address your classmates and teachers and other staff members with kindness and respect.||Make hurtful comments regarding- other person’s look, abilities, family background,etc|
|9. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.||Act bored and dis-interested in class.|
|10. Say, “please”, “thank-you”, “sorry” and “excuse me “.||Interfere with others learning.|
|11. Find another response for displeasure besides anger.||Pressure others in doing things that are mean, harmful or illegal.|
|12. Work diligently in class||Damage any school property|
|13. Remember that your classmates and teachers have feelings too.||Carry any valuable gadgets /devices in school|
School office timings: St. Paul’s High School and Toddledom
Monday – Saturday :- 8:30 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
Note: Meeting the principal will only be conducted with prior appointment. Parents must also follow a formal dress code while entering the school premises.
Rules and regulations in our school
- We give GOD the first place in our lives and we begin our activities with prayer.
- We try to be friendly with one another in and out of school.
- We respect the beauty of the school premises and we report any damage which we observe.
- We readily share our talents and our things with those who are in need.
- TheSchool will insist on strict punctuality, regular school attendance, cleanliness in dress, absence from school for merely social functions will be strongly discouraged.
- The school authorities will not be responsible for the loss or damage of pupil’s belongings.
- The use of Mobiles is strictly prohibited in the school premises.
- Students must come to School with their id cards everyday.
- Use of Mehendi and Nail polish is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Since this is an English Medium school, every student should learn to speak and write good english. English should always be spoken except when another language is taught in class.
Principles of discipline
- Regularity and implicit obedience are expected in the school.
- Politeness and courtesy of Speech and conduct as well as cleanliness of dress and person are inculcated.
- Pupils shall not take part in Political activities.
- A pupil who consecutively fails in the same standard is liable to be asked to leave the school.
- All students must attend school in prescribed uniform on all working days.
- P.T uniform should be worn by every student on Tuesday and Friday.
- The girls must have two plaits tied neatly with red ribbon and those with short hair must wear red hair band.
- Boys have to come to school with a neat hair cut, FUNKY haircuts are not allowed.